Friday, May 18, 2012

Worry ~ What does God say about it?


Eternal Youth
Picture via Flickr by Jan Tik


I am what some people refer to as a 'worry wart'. I deal with a lot of anxiety and stress. Its terrible to get in a cycle of worrying. For me, at least, the worry just builds upon itself until I have myself in a tizzy.

The 'what ifs' just wear me out.

I have a hard time remembering to turn to God in my times of worry and stress even though he tells not only to, but delights in my trust when I tell him.

In Philippians 4:6; we are commanded, “Do not be anxious [do not worry] about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

Its amazing to realize that God not only wants us to lean on him in times of distress, but he does so because he genuinely loves us and cares! The God of the universe cares about my little worries!

Its important to remember that there is not worry that is too small or big for him! In 1 Thessalonians 5:17 we are instructed to Pray without ceasing. God wants to hear our thoughts, feelings, worries and anxieties. He wants us to trust him. He wants us to continue to ask him for our desires and needs.

Jesus even tells us that we are not to worry. Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).


I need to now work on trusting God with my whole heart. Its a sad realization when I figure out that if I am afraid to give God my worries, I have not given him my whole heart. It is a lifelong process, I think.



In love,

Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...