Friday, May 18, 2012

Skillet Bacon Jam Review



Have you ever heard of Skillet Bacon Jam?

I hadn't either until I was given the opportunity to review it.

I must say, at first, I was a bit intimidated by it. I was unsure what to eat it with, how it would taste and what in the world it was for. The first night I opened it, I let my husband smell it and he accidentally dumped the "juice" onto his shirt. He smelled like "bacon goo" as he called it after that.

The look of it ain't too pretty, but it's one of those things that looks scary, but if you give it a chance, it really is a hidden gem in the food world.




Because I was short on time, I didn't have time to really try one of the recipes the website for the Skillet Bacon Jam offers, but I decided it might taste good as a topping on steak instead of the usual steak sauce.

POW! I was right. I added it to the top of my steak just before it was done and let it's juices mix with the steak and it was EXCELLENT! It has a tangy, sweet and smokey taste that really compliments the meat.

I look forward to trying it in other things. I am thinking next time I will do double pork and add it to some ground pork and make pork cube steaks. My mouth is watering already.

To purchase Skillet Bacon Jam and see the wonderful recipes that it goes good with, please visit www.skilletbaconjam.com 

For Inquires, please send a message to eat@skilletstreetfood.com





Photobucket


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...