Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are Movie Review

My life used to be full of excitement, vacations, and nights out with my friend, Jenna. Oh how times change, but I am glad I still have my friend Jenna. We have both moved in a different direction with our lives from where we were years ago in our singleness. One thing that has changed: Kids. We both have them now. I had my daughter, Jaeda when I met Jenna. In fact, she was only a few months old then and she is now 9 and I have now been married for a couple years. Jenna has two blessings in her life; her 2 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

Anyways, I tell my readers this because I realized how much my definition of "fun" had changed the other night when I went over to her house late at night last week. No, it was not like years past where we got together to get dolled up for a night on the town. This time, it was to settle in after the kids were in bed and my husband was at work to eat popcorn, drink soda and watch a family movie on her couch. We are a lively bunch these days.

We watched "Where the Wild Things are". I had loved the books as a child and was excited to hear they made a movie based on them.

I have to say, I was somewhat disappointed with the film. Now, It hasn't been that long since I read the book, but it was not what I remembered.

The most disappointing part I think was how long the story dragged on and how long it took to get to the plot. I have a hard time following movies that have a long lead into a plot. "Where the Wild Things Are" was unfortunately one of those.

On the plus side, the computer animation of the monsters was wonderful. The special effects were excellent. The cinematography was great.

It could be that I just was disappointed with the long intro to the characters that I didn't care for it, but in any case, this might be a good movie for a younger person. I admit my ability to engage my imagination is a bit rough.

I am always glad when there are more family-friendly movies made, though. They are getting hard top find.

To buy "Where the Wild Things Are" and find other family-friendly movies at great prices, check out Mommy Bear Media. They have good clean movies there with no worry about inappropriate content!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...