Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weekly Featured Blogger: A Jewel In the Making!

I have made some wonderful Bloggy friends and I want to feature one of them a week. This gives them a chance to be spot-lighted on my blog and gives my readers a chance to discover other blogs!


This week I am featuring, "A Jewel In the Making"

1) Why did you start blogging?
I started in 2008 as a way to have fun. Then life got in the way so I quit but in Dec 2011 I started up again researching and moving my blog to self-hosted wordpress and started posting my daily bible devotions. I wanted to use my blog to glorify God and share with others my faith, other topics that I'm passionate about and also use it as a way to supplement my family's income with earnings from affiliates and advertizing and selling items in an eventual store front.


2) How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I am a born again Christian, saved by God's grace. In the bible it talks about jewels especially about woman and rubies and pearls. I am not the perfect jewel because God is always working on me, becoming the woman He wants me to be worshiping Him. I wanted a name to reflect that. Hence A Jewel In The Making.


3) What is your blog about?
Right now I am only doing the daily devotions and some giveaways but very soon I want to blog about my biblical theology, homeschooling, health and diet, and becoming a Proverbs 31/Titus 2 woman.


4) What is one thing in your life you are most proud of?
For me being proud, means that I'm happy with all that I accomplished but without God I am nothing so I would just say that I'm happy about being a mother to my five kiddos. I may not be famous or money rich but I'm truly blessed with all that God has given or not given me and I wouldn't change a thing.


5) Share a beauty tip with my readers.
Eating an all natural organic diet is truly the best thing you can do to really look beautiful. I changed my diet for internal problems and the outward changes have been wonderful too. I am not a model, not anywhere close but I truly feel beautiful when I'm eating the proper foods.


6) Tell me about your favorite food.
As mentioned above, I'm on a special diet so I can only have about 20 foods which is a really small amount compared to the variety that is out there. My favorite right now is called Chinese chicken- diced chicken mixed with honey, mustard, cinnamon, garlic powder, ancho chili pepper powder, cumin, onion powder and fresh lemon juice. Marinated for about an hour. Broiled in the oven. Served with whatever side. I also like having a "soda" every now and then, which is sparkling mineral water and Knudsen's grape juice-since that is the only juice I can use right now-mixed and maybe ice in it.


7) What are you looking forward to?
Pregnancy. :) I love my kids and am starting to look forward to having another one when and if God decides to bless us.


8) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
I'm really trying to be more grace-filled toward my kiddos. I tend to be a little too harsh with them and I just feel like I'm not balancing the grace with the harshness after being so -let me just say-lazy with the discipline in the early years. So I really need to find a balance. Mothering tip: Start disciplining early and consistently.


Now go read A Jewel In the Making and "like" her on her facebook fan page! You can follow her on Twitter and add your to G+ as well! I am sure she would love it!


If you would like to be featured, please email me with the subject "weekly featured blogger" to borntimestwo@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...