Friday, April 13, 2012

I never had a honeymoon

There. I said it. I have been married almost 3 years (on May 2) and we never had a honeymoon.

Now, I know this will probably be seen as a whiny post, but its just something that has been on my mind.

I am not really a super high maintenance type, but a small honeymoon would have been nice. Ok, so technically my father paid for my husband and I to stay at a nice hotel here in town for the night on the night of our wedding. We did stay in the jacuzzi suite and had waffles the next morning, and I am grateful for that, but I wish we could do a getaway.

I am lucky to live in Montana. There are so many fun places here to go and the beauty is all around me. So, even just a getaway in Montana would be nice.

The problem is, we are broke. Beyond broke, actually. I try to save money, but it just gets used on something like gas, groceries, the laundrymat..life.

Normally, I am resourceful when it comes to making things happen, but this is one of the things I can't seem to make happen.

I am open to suggestions. :) I figure for us to be able to make it work, at minimum, we need 1000 dollars and go!... :)

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, girl. I feel like I've been holding a grudge because my husband was sick on our wedding and didn't get to dance with me at our reception. I danced with my young nephews or old men or by myself. We went on our honeymoon cruise even though he was still feeling terrible. I didn't enjoy it because I was worried about him. Along the way I have realized that the events and experiences I put so much emphasis on never turn out qutie the special way I envisioned. But sometimes the sweet ordinary ones are the moments that were most meaningful and memorable. Get out! Take lots of little inexpensive dates. Make a lifetime of "honeymoon." :) Have fun. ;) Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...