My husband really loves my homemade soup, so I made him some tonight. Just doin' my usual-making it up as I go. That's the beauty of soup; you can do that! Soup is also great because you can use whatever you have and use up leftovers or odds and ends.
Wanted to share the recipe with my readers. Enjoy <3
Broccoli Cheese Potato Soup
You will need:
~7-8 medium sized potatoes
~48 oz Chicken or vegetable broth/stock
~2 bags broccoli or broccoli/Cauliflower mix (frozen)
~1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
~2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
~1 stick butter
~1/4 cup flour
~spices: white pepper, salt, Muchi curry, onion powder
1. Peel and wash potatoes.
2. Cube potatoes and start broth boiling. Add potatoes to broth/stock and partially cook on boiling.
3. When potatoes are boiling, make a roux. A roux is a thickener for soups and sauces made from flour and a fat, usually butter. To do so, melt butter on med heat, in a separate pan and slowly add the flour, whisking as you go until it is the consistency of wet sand.
4. Whisk the roux into the soup, slowly. Add a dash or salt, white pepper, muchi curry and onion powder to taste.
5. Add the broccoli ad stir, add the cheese and whisk.
6. Add the whipping cream slowly, while whisking in.
Top with Cheese and enjoy :)