Saturday, June 9, 2012

Crispy Breaded Chicken Strips

A favorite around my house is my Crispy Breaded Chicken Strips.

One thing about me that will probably start to get on my reader's nerves is the fact that I hardly ever measure anything and I cook based on taste and visualization.

I can only estimate how much of each ingredient I use, so proceed knowing that :)


Crispy Breaded Chicken Strips

* 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

* 1 cup of cornmeal

* 2 cups flour

* 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs

* dash of salt

* Pepper

* Garlic powder

* onion powder

* Chilli pepper

* Milk

* Vegetable or Canola oil


1. Thin slice the chicken breasts. There should be two for each breast.

2. In a bowl, put about a cup of milk. In a seperate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.

3. In a 10 or 12 inch skillet, heat about an inch of oil on med high.

4. Dip each breast in the milk, then coat well in the dry mixture. Gently dip back in the milk and then second coat it in the dry mix.



5. When the oil is heated enough, gently place in the oil, turning when one side is browned well.



6. Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly by checking the inside is at 165 degrees.


This is served well with my Magical Mashed potatoes!



Enjoy!

For a Printable version of this recipe click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...