I really like this fun take on lasagna. It is easy to serve, great for kids to help with and wonderful for a potluck because it's individually set up :)
You will need:
*a package of lasagna noodles
*1 cup of frozen spinach
*1 brick of neufchatel cheese (like cream cheese, only lower in fat)
*1 large jar of pasta sauce (I used A Spinach marinara from barilla) or equal amount of homemade sauce
*1 lb Ground Turkey
*3/4 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
*1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
*Italian seasoning mix
1. Brown ground turkey and start the noodles boiling. Par-cook the noodles. You do not want them too mushy, but they need to be cooked enough to be pliable. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. After the turkey is browned, add it to a bowl and add the nuefchatel cheese, frozen spinach, half the Parmesan, a sprinkling of garlic powder and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Mash it until it makes a paste.
3. Take a noodle and lay it out on a plate. Put a tablespoon of paste inside and roll it up. Place in coated baking dish. I used a large glass cake pan. (13 x 9). Repeat until the pan is full and add your jarred pasta sauce on top.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and the rest of the Parmesan on top. Cover with tin foil. Put in oven for 15-20 minuets,checking. It is done when the cheese is melted and the sauce is boiling and heated through. Take off foil and turn on broiler to brown cheese. This should only take 5 minuets or so. Keep an eye on it.
5. Let cool for 5-10 minuets and serve!
Here is my Daughter, Jaeda, 9, helping out in the kitchen :)